Villa Bugis Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all bookings for villas managed by PT. Villa Property Rental (“management”) and all villas that are marketed under the brand name Villa Bugis. By paying a deposit you confirm that you have read, understood and accept our Terms and Conditions.
All rates from 1st of March 2017 are inclusive of government tax and service charges. Services provided include airport transfers, daily choice breakfast, free WiFi, daily cleaning, change of bed sheets and towels as required, pool and garden maintenance, purified drinking water, drinks and groceries shopping service, guest assistant services from 08:00 – 23:00 PM , daily housekeeping staff from 08:00 – 16:00 PM, 24 x 7 security guards, a safe in each room, welcome drink and cool towel upon arrival.
According to Indonesian Law, from 01 July 2015, all invoices will be issued in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
An initial deposit invoice will be issued, requesting a deposit to be paid within 3 business days in order to hold the booking, after which, if payment has not been received, the booking may be released. If after 3 business days a payment has not been received, a new invoice may be issued with updated exchange rates.
Upon confirming a booking, the management will email a reservation confirmation and request the deposit to be paid within 3 business days in order to secure the booking.
30% deposit is required to hold the booking and the balance is to be settled prior to, or upon arrival
For deposits, payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer.
Credit card payments will be charged in Indonesian Rupiah, according to local regulations – the IDR amount will be shown on your statement in your credit cards currency, using your credit card providers exchange rate. Our Bank applies a 2.5% credit card processing fees.
For bank transfers, we need to receive the full amount into our account, so please ensure you apply the option to pay the bank fees at both ends. If the exact invoice amount net of fees is not received into our account, any balance remaining will be adjusted on your final invoice, to be settled upon check-in.
With payment of the deposit, the customer agrees to the Terms and Conditions and the management guarantees the reservation.
For Balance payment on arrival, we accept credit card, or Indonesian Rupiah cash. Any foreign currency will need to be initially converted to Rupiah using our banks exchange rate for IDR valid on the day the payment is made – the following rules usually apply for money changing:
- In good condition
- Not torn or damaged
- Only dollars issued after 2006
- Only $100 bills – no smaller notes
- Only dollars with H & K series
Deposit is non-refundable. However, on a case-by-case basis the management will aim to assist the customer to deal with changes in circumstances and allow the use of the deposit later, within a time limit. This depends on availability and the advance notice of the changes in circumstances.
The full balance according to the booking confirmation is payable before or upon check in. In case the customer has to change his travel plans and cannot stay the full booking period then a 2 months’ notice before arrival day is required to change the booking confirmation. A new booking confirmation will then be issued and a different rate may apply. In the event of a ‘no show’ as well as early departure, any payments made are non-refundable. We also strongly advise to obtain travel insurance to cover unforeseen medical or travel issues – it is inexpensive, at only a few dollars a day.
If an extra bed has been booked, and then subsequently cancelled, a cancellation fee of one night’s extra bed rental is payable.
Deposit payments which have been paid for one villa cannot be transferred to another villa, unless there is an exception which is approved by Villa Bugis Management.
Changes can only be considered greater than 2 months prior to the original date of check in, and only one time, else management has the right to charge the original invoice amount.
Changes that can be considered:
- Change the date of stay to have the check in date earlier than the original booking (based on availability)
- Change the date of stay to have the same stay length but the check in date is later than the original booking, max 12 Months from the original check in date (new rates might apply based on the season of new date)
- Extend the stay (based on availability).
- Any approved shortening of stay must still comply with the minimum stay rules of 3 nights (5 nights in high and peak season)
- Upgrade the number of rooms used (based on availability) at an extra cost.
- Reduce the number of rooms used based on the minimum room usage for each villa (6 bedroom villas the minimum is 4 bedrooms, 5 bedroom villas – the minimum room use is 3 bedrooms, 4 & 3 bedrooms villa – the minimum room use is 2 bedrooms and 2 bedroom villas – the minimum room use is 2 bedrooms)
- A change in the actual villa booked will unlikely be considered under any circumstance
- All changes to an original booking are completely at the discretion of Villa Bugis, and Villa Bugis has no obligation to make any changes to the original booking or to charge other than the original outstanding balance on any booking.
- An administration fee of $25.00 will apply to all booking amendments. Should you leave earlier than expected full payment will still be required. Bookings made through third party providers are subject to the cancellation policy stated by that service.
The minimum stay is generally 3 nights (5 nights in high and peak season). Check in time is from 2pm and check out time is before 12 noon. A late check out can be booked at half the daily rate, subject to availability. Rental rates vary according to the season and are subject to change without notice; the customer is advised to check the applicable rates on our website before making a booking.
It is imperative, that at the time of booking, and at guest registration prior to arrival, the exact number of adults and children who will be staying in the villa is correctly advised. This is to ensure not only correct transportation arrangements can be made, but that the villa is prepared correctly, and facilities are adequate, for the comfort of all guests If there is any change in guest arrival numbers, it is the responsibility of the guest booking to advise Villa Bugis of any changes, as soon as it is known, and before the check in date. Change approval is at managements discretion. It is Indonesian law that all guests must be registered with us – any unadvised guests upon arrival may be subject to extra charges or refusal of stay.
The maximum number of people per villa, is the equivalent of 2 people per bedroom – e.g. for a 3 bedroom, maximum is 6 people. Infants can of course be catered for with baby cots, and small children may also be permitted to stay in a bedroom with parents, at the discretion of management. More than 2 people per bedroom can of course be considered, with the addition of extra beds – the maximum per villa being on a case by case basis.
Extra person policy:
Adults stay – extra bed/transport and breakfast – IDR350.000/person/night
Children ages 0 – 4 y/o free of charge
Children ages 5 – 11 without an extra bed will be charged IDR150.000/night or IDR350.000/night if using an extra bed
Children ages 12 and up will be considered as an adult and require an extra bed
The customer is advised to have travel insurance, for the unlikely event of any illness, accident, loss of personal items or other travel related contingencies during their travel or stay in Bali.
The customers need to be aware that they are required to comply with local laws and regulations. A copy of passports is required at check-in for police registration, and only registered guests can stay in the villa, else authorities impose high penalties. No drugs or any illegal activities are permitted on the premises. The guests need to show consideration regarding noise levels and to respect the privacy of other guests and neighbors. Any cost of dealing with police or other authorities is the responsibility of the customer.
- Maximum capacity: 50 guests for standing dinner party and 40 guests for seated fine dining in our bigger villas – less in smaller villas
- Music with minimum volume allowed until 10PM – no additional sound systems are allowed. Our villas are situated in a quiet residential area and we respect our neighbors, the visitors and families in other villas and houses in the area
- Minimum stay 3 nights during low season and 5 nights during high and peak season
- In Bali for gatherings of people larger than the villa usually accommodates (e.g. for a party) there is a Banjar or Local Community fee of – IDR 2,000,000 applicable. This is not from our company, but local government rules. The money goes to the local Banjar or ‘council’ and provides for a confirmation letter advising Banjar approval for the gathering, and also the provision of extra Balinese security (Pecalang) from the Banjar – if there is any complaint from a neighbor, we then have this backup already. There is also a small cleaning fee of IDR 500,000 for our staff to do an extra clean up after your event.
The customer is responsible for any damage caused to the villa or its content during the stay, this includes damages caused by other people that the customer invites to the villa. A security deposit in cash or credit card authorization of three million Rupiah to cover damages is required at check in, and may be held up to 14 days after check out, where no damage is found. The replacement value of any items damaged during the stay will be withheld from the security deposit. Additional charges may apply should the damage exceed the security deposit amount.
Please be advised that the villa owner or management is not responsible for any loss or damage to personal items, illness, injuries or accidents during your stay in our villas. Delay in arrival for any reason or changes in travel schedules cannot be compensated by the management. No responsibility can be taken for failure of machinery or equipment in the villa, but the management will aim to assist the customers in the best way possible and have any such problems rectified as quickly as possible. This includes services that depend on the performance of external providers such as electricity, cable TV and internet. The management does not accept responsibility for any events that are outside the control of the management, such as fire and severe weather.