What To Do In Bali – The Ultimate Local Guide
- Kuta/Legian historically known to be for the younger partying 18-21 year olds or those liking the pubs and the famous tourist beach spots, or those that have been going there for years, and often stay in the same places
- Canggu and Berawa are now moving more towards the favourite of the 21-30 demographic too, for the young and trendy ‘digital nomad’ and hipster set. It polarises many people, whoever love it or don’t care for it at all. Warning – it’s getting very busy, and traffic to and fro can be a nightmare. Not everyones cup of chai.
- Seminyak is still for the more sophisticated as well as family friendly 30+ set, with well established accomodation, shopping, bars, restaurants and clubs.
- Nusa Dua is for the self contained all in one place hotel/resorts style
- Sanur is often a favourite for the more mature or longer termers and those liking a quieter ‘sleepier’ destination
- Ubud is good for the arts, health and wellness, yoga retreats and good food amongst a more relaxed community
- The very north of Bali such as Lovina, is a favourite with Europeans, and also a sleepier vibe, away from the main tourist spots in the south.
- Amed for the more famous snorkelling and diving areas, on other eastern side of the island to the main spots in the south west .. but much sleepier and remote…